Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Another tech fail

I am double blogging today because yesterdays blog did not post from my phone last night and it was also not saved. This is what I get for relying on technology. Don't get me wrong, technology is great. My phone is great. It is all great. However, the more 'convenient' the technology (like my blogger app on my phone which allows me to type a post while in bed getting ready to sleep) is not always the most stable or reliable.

I don't really remember what I was posting about last night to be honest. The hour was late, I was very tired, and I was just trying very hard to get some content  up before days end to meet my personally set goal of one post per day this month. It is a silly little goal but it is important to me. All goals are important.

The way I see it is if I set a goal I should be able to meet it. If I am incapable of doing something as trivial as blogging once a day how can I complete more important goals I set for myself? I mean sure other goals might have more weight to them, but in reality it all comes down to my ability to complete things I start. Let me tell you I don't have a great track record with this.

When I got to work this morning and checked my blog and noticed that nothing had posted last night I was upset. When I checked my phone and realized it had not even saved I was angry. I was angry at technology for failing me (again) but I was more angry that I didn't get up out of bed, walk the five feet to the computer, and take the five minutes to log on and make sure something posted.

The only comfort I have is that I know I actually did write something yesterday, even if it did not make it out into the world before my phone swallowed it whole. I know that I have technically met my challenge. I am still a little disappointed.

To make up for this I will put out two posts today to make myself feel better about it and I will continue on. I will not allow a small setback stop me. There will always be glitches in the world, and it is our job to overcome them. The only failure is quitting, and that is not something I plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment