Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jeans at Beans

About a year ago my friend Bean started talking about going to the Blathering in Austin. It is a meet up of lady bloggers from all over where they get together, hang out, and talk. It sounded really cool, but honestly I was so new to blogging that the idea seemed out of my league.

I listened to all of her stories from the event and really sort of wished I could have been there, yet at the same time seriously did not feel as tough I belonged in this community. So when I saw Temerity Jane was hosting PJ's at TJ's I once again really didn't feel like this was something I belonged at.

Don't get me wrong I would have loved to go, but felt awkward about even thinking about it. Add to that the fact that it was right in the midst of the start of faire and we were so desperately broke after the husbeasts longer than expected unemployment, and well the decision was really easy. Still I lurked on peoples blogs to read the wrap ups with a bit of longing.

So when about a month ago Bean told me that Elise was coming to visit from the far north and she was going to host her own little Jeans at Beans, I sort of happily threw myself at the opportunity. The fact that this was being hosted so close to my house by a longtime real world friend, made this a very safe way to try out this whole meeting the internet in person thing.

I did my homework reading up on the blogs of the ladies that were going to be there, and I got really excited. I was a little nervous, but I was really more excited than nervous. All of these ladies seemed pretty awesome from what I was reading. Plus I was fifteen minutes from my home so I could escape if I needed to.

Also I won't lie, I was looking forward to spending some time with Bean's adorable baby. Anytime I can snuggle with that adorable little girl I totally will. Sweet baby snuggles make everything better. If you doubt me you obviously have never met this baby.

So yesterday arrived in the early afternoon with some homemade pasta salad in hand, not sure what to expect really. Elise was already there since she had been staying with Bean. Tara was also there with her absolutely precious daughter Eriana. Kammah was there as well and almost tackled me thinking I was Megan.

Seriously it took me about two minutes to realize I had no reason whatsoever to be nervous. These women were all so completely fabulous and I felt at ease immediately. The entire day was so incredibly fun.

There was a lot of eating things that I absolutely should never eat. There was a lot of chatting and giggling. Many stories were told. I got icing all over my arm and boob while we were facetiming with Temerity Jane. What can I say, Penny is distractingly cute and I have trouble paying attention to where I am leaning.

I stayed until the bitter end and got some rather embarrassing quotes stuck on Twitter. I also made some new friends, which really was the most important part. It was a lot of fun and I couldn't have asked for more.

Seriously I can't even really describe this all accurately to let you know how awesome it was. You will just have to take my word for it. If given the opportunity again, I will totally do something like this again.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh... sounds like a fantastic time! I'm so glad you shared, Beylit. Loved reading this. ;) 

    ReplyDelete