Monday, December 10, 2012

Notes from a Monday

- I got my hair cut last week and it is now significantly shorter than it has been in some months. Even though it has almost been a week now since I had the length taken off I am still having trouble adjusting to the shortness of it.

I keep shocking myself when I look in the mirror, having forgotten I had cut it all off. I keep reaching up to tuck it back over my shoulder only to find my hand waving at nothing. I keep using way too much shampoo and hair product. I keep having to remember how to make my short hair style the way I want it to and not make me look stupid.

It is a thing. Good thing it looks cute on me.

- The cut on my wrist is healing nicely. I was finally able to take the butterfly stitches off on Friday night without fear that I might rip the wound open again. I have to admit though that I am still fairly convinced I may rip it open again.

It doesn't look that bad, though the more I look at it the more I realize how very close I was to a very bad situation. If my wrist had been turned just a little more, and I am talking like half an inch, there would have been a hospital visit there. I also would have gotten to see if my new steam cleaner was any good at taking blood out of the carpet.

- I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. I am pretty sure I have 90% of the stocking stuff covered which is always my favorite part. I have a couple of items left to get for the stockings, but those can wait until a little closer to the day.

I do still have a couple of people left on my list. They are the people that I just really have no idea what to buy for them. The frustrating part is that every time I go to buy them something I find something perfect for the people I already have a ton of stuff for.

Sometimes shopping is just hard work, even for someone with shopping-foo like me.

- The weather finally turned cold last night. After a month or so of incredibly lovely pleasant weather we had a cold snap. This morning there was a very light dusting of snow on the rooftops and the cars. People all over the city seem to be elated by this turn of events.

I for one am less than pleased. I hate the cold. Hate it. We have had weather that most people would kill for. I mean seriously it has been mid to low 70's, blue sunny skies, gentle breeze for over a month now. I know it isn't what one would consider traditional holiday weather, but seriously. Why would anyone want to trade that for bitter coldness?

I suppose there are some things I will just never understand.

- The women in my office are being extra chatty today. We have gone through a bit of a pleasant streak of relative silence lately. They have either been out of office, or had very little to say as of late. Today has ended the streak though.

Every few minutes they start up a conversation. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that they are all sitting at their own desks and just shouting at each other through the cube walls. Why they can't just IM each other is well beyond me.

Maybe Santa will bring me some nice ear plugs this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment