Thursday, December 6, 2012

Soul food

Yesterday started off very poorly for me. I don't really want to go into the details, but lets just say the events of the morning did not leave me in the best of moods. I was not really someone that was fit for public consumption in my very angry state. I felt very much like having a Foamy worthy rant at anyone who crossed me.

That really isn't a pretty or a happy place to be. I like being in my happy place. Everyone should want to be in their happy place. It is warm and squishy and happy. Well mine is anyways. Your happy place can be anything you like. That is why it is your happy place.

I had a couple of options for how to fix this mood problem I was having. I could have gone and found liquor while at lunch. It is amazing what a margarita will improve your mood. I also could have gone and gotten a peppermint milkshake at lunch since that is pretty much instant happiness in a cup. I also could have done some retail therapy since I am the type of girl that works on.

The thin is none of those things seemed right to me. This cranky was coming from someplace deep inside. It came from a weariness in my soul. It was not something that could be fixed with just booze or ice cream or a shiny new toys. Those would just be temporary fixes. I needed something that would soothe my soul.

So I went home and I cooked.

There is nothing in the world that I find more satisfying than making a good meal for people I love. It is a soothing balm for me. To put the love and energy into that meal and then turn around and feed it to my loved ones is all I need to set my world right. Watching their faces light up as they eat is just a happy comforting sight.

So one giant pot of potato soup later I sat amongst six people I love dearly feeling warm and content. They were well fed and satisfied and so was I. The dark cloud over my head had dissipated. My soul was content once more.

Oh yea, and my tummy was full. That is important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment