Monday, August 26, 2013

Shpadoinkle

Some days, like too many of my days lately, you can't help but to feel trapped. You can't help but to feel lost. You can't help but to feel more than a little helpless. Some days are just bad days and there isn't a lot you can do to change that. You just have to grit your teeth and power through.

On days like these, days like today, I have to do my damndest to find a bit of happy to fixate on to make the day pass by with more ease. I have to do something to keep my zen or I am afraid I might yell or break something. That would not be productive.

Today I am going to list a few things that I do to find my zen on bad days. Enjoy.

- Baking. Something about cooking, but baking specifically, that I find very calming. I think it is in part because one of my love languages is feeding people.

- Shopping. I know it is cliche to be a woman who relaxes by shopping, but it is true. It doesn't have to be anything big or flashy, it can be as simple as a new pen and notebook or a new cheap DVD. I actually like it better when I find a little gem that doesn't cost a lot of money but still makes me smile.

- Singing silly songs. I have an entire Pandora station devoted to Disney songs and silly songs that make me smile. Singing along to Disney songs is always a good thing.

- Eating. This is actually a terrible habit I should get out of. I am a stress eater and always have been. Still there is nothing like your favorite ice cream at the end of a long bad day to make things better.

- Watching romantic comedies or other feel good movies. Something that is light and happy and makes you giggle and sigh and believe in love at first sight is always good for the soul. It doesn't have to be realistic, it just has to have a happily ever after.

- Walking barefoot in the grass in the sunshine. I don't really care that it is currently 106 outside and most people find it insufferable, I think it is lovely. To be able to kick off my shoes and let my toes curl up in some soft green grass while the bright sunlight warms me to the bone is happiness. Plus sunshine has vitamin D which can improve your mood.


Today I may need all of these things?

What do you do to find your zen?

No comments:

Post a Comment