Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nine

Nine years ago today I got married. 
Nine years though it seems like so much more than that.
It has not been easy. There have been tears, but there have been more smiles. There have been words spoken in anger, but there have been more words of love. There has been frustration, but there has always been more elation.

I love that I can sit with him in silence.
I love that I can be ridiculous with him.
I love that he would do anything to make me smile.
I love that he still can surprise me.
I love that I never have to question if I love him even if I don't like him all the time.
I love that he lets me snuggle with him even when my feet are bitterly cold or he is uncomfortably hot and doesn't need the extra body heat.
I love that this is all still an adventure. 
I love that he is still by my side.

Today I do not feel like I have enough words, so I am going to use some other peoples. Enjoy some quotes on love and marriage that I found and enjoy:



Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything.



-Anonymous







I will remember always that marriage, like life, is a journey - not a destination - and that its treasures are found not just at the end but all along the way.



-Anonymous







Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal.



-Louis K. Anspacher







Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.



-Joyce Brothers







All tragedies are finished by a death,
All comedies are ended by a marriage;
The future states of both are left to faith,
For authors fear description might disparage
The worlds to come of both. . . .



-Lord (George Gordon) Byron, Don Juan







Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day.



-Barbara De Angelis







The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make -- not just on your wedding day, but over and over again -- and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.



-Barbara De Angelis







When I say we've had an ideal marriage, I'm not just talking about physical attraction, which I can imagine can wear pretty thin if it's all a couple has built on. We've had that and a whole lot more.



-Betty Ford







“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.”
-Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook







“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
-Elizabeth Gilbert







“I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion.”
-Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre







“I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
-Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally

2 comments: