Tuesday, March 5, 2013

No rest for the wicked

It is a Tuesday in March, which means I feel completely overwhelmed by the universe. This is the same way I feel at this time every single year, and yet it still seems like a shock to the system when it happens. I suppose I somehow think that after 11 years of doing faire I would have come up with a system that would allow me to not feel like I am completely in the weeds.

We are nearing the halfway point of workshops and I have completed exactly none of my sewing projects. I in fact just added a huge project to my list. It is all stuff I can easily accomplish, there is just a lot of it and nothing is started. It makes my list look daunting.

My house is already a mess. I didn't go into workshops with it all clean and shiny, but I managed to make things look cluttered and dirty pretty quickly. The boxes of faire stuff and costuming pieces strewn throughout the house really are not helping matters. It is bad though that it I already want to take a day off work to clean. This lasts through Memorial Day, I have to ration my time off wisely.

Then add into this the fact I am fighting this year and my time grows a little thinner. Now between housework and sewing I have to work in time to choreograph and practice fights. I mean we get time on the weekends, but lets be honest here, I need all the time I can get. There go a few more hours out of my week that I am not sure I have to spare.

Oh and did I mention my sister is getting married in two weeks? While I am thrilled for her, I now have one more thing on my plate. I have to now prep for the trip down to her wedding including all the packing and shopping that entails. I also will miss a weekend of workshops which means I will miss practice time for fights and sewing time which will have to be made up elsewhere.

I am not complaining. I love all of it. I have been doing this long enough that if this sort of chaos bothered me I would have quit by now. I actually think that I may enjoy the whole state of semi disaster that my life feels like during faire. Heavens knows that there is never a dull moment.

Still, I can't help but to long for June when a little boredom will seem like bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment