Friday, March 1, 2013

Things I just don't understand

Can I talk to you real quick about things I just don't understand?

Ok first, can we talk about the weird fake mustache trend? I see this all over the place. There is jewelery with fake mustaches, people with tattoos of fake mustaches (not on their lips mind you, normally on fingers to hold up to their lip), there are meme's of fake mustaches, there are cards, and on and on and on. What is this? Where did it come from? Why is it popular?

I just don't understand. I mean I can kind of occasionally find it mildly amusing, but not as much as it apparently is. I mean I have seen giant pieces of wall art that are big fake mustaches. Why is that cool?


Next can we take a moment to examine Angry Cat? This actually should be extended to the entirety of pictures of animals with weird captions. The entire 'I can haz cheeseburger' thing has always eluded me. I mean I see maybe 1 in 500 of those things that is amusing. They normally aren't actually clever or funny but just, weird.

Angry Cat is just the latest in a long series of weird captioned animal pictures I don't understand. I have seen a couple that were amusing, I will give you that. The majority of them though are just dumb. It really makes me wonder if people have completely lost their imaginations and ability to create and appreciate new and clever things.

Does this make me old or out of touch? Maybe I have a very different sense of what is amusing than the vast majority of society. Maybe I am just completely uncool. Of course when I think about it, if not getting these things makes me uncool, I would have to say I am completely alright with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment