Thursday, December 29, 2011

Some stories never die

Over the years I have had many stories come to my mind. I am not even sure I could remember all of them at this point. Some of them are little more than a vague memory rolling around in the dusty dark depths of my  mind. Some stories live forever. Some stories I couldn't forget if I tried.

I have a story that I have been working on for years. It is actually a joint story between me and one of my dearest friends. She and I have been trying to tell these characters story for almost as long as I have known her. Every time we pick the story up again it only grows more vivid in our minds.

At this point the characters, some of which are my creation and some hers, are almost like old friends. We know their inner workings almost as well as we know our own. The world they live in is one we have carefully sculpted but ever changing. Their story is one we have labored over with great amounts of love.

It has been discussed many times how we would love to solidify the stories into the form of books. We have plotted them and planned them, and even worked on them some. It is something we work at feverishly, and then let lie silent for a while. We always come  back to it though.

I am not certain we will ever manage to get it all written down. I am not certain we can ever manage to put into words the pictures that have become almost real in our minds. I know that we will never stop trying to get the words on paper and do the story justice.

I also know, that no matter what, the story will always be there. I know that even if it only lives in our minds, it will always live.

No comments:

Post a Comment