Friday, September 28, 2012

Common bond

I've been thinking lately about the things that have helped make me the person I am today. I have been thinking of things and people that have influenced me in both subtle and profound ways. The stuff that shaped me and polished me into what you now see.

We all have so many factors in our lives that play into the forming of us. A lot of these influences are ones that we had in childhood or sometimes early adult hood. Some of these influences come in later in life. I am not denying the possibility of growth and change at any point.

Pretty much though we are a conglomeration of thoughts and ideas placed in us from people and things that we encounter. Some of these are bad things as I have discussed in prior blogs. Some are good things as well. Good and bad, they all make up one whole person.

What I have decided is that I really want to talk about the good things. I want to talk about the things that have influenced me in a positive fashion. I want to talk about what has given me my fun quirks and my better qualities and attributes. Whether these things be people, or books, or TV shows, or places, they all helped shape me and I want to talk about them.

The thing is there are more things and people than I can write about in one post. Well I probably could, but then it would be the longest post ever and none of you would read it. I also think that would be fairly exhausting to write. I have my limits.

So I have decided to make a series of posts over the next few weeks. Yes that is right my posts are going to be themed for the next short while. I don't anticipate it being an entire month worth of posts, but you never know. I really hope not though because this month is October, which means Halloween is coming, and I want to do more ghost stories like I did last year.

So tune in next week when I start my series on things that make me me.

No comments:

Post a Comment