Friday, January 25, 2013

The post that wasn't

I haven't posted much this week because I have been torn on whether or not to write the post that is germinating in the back of my head. It is occupying my mind enough that every time I try and write something else, it inadvertently becomes that post. It is like this thought has taken my writing brain hostage, but I don't negotiate with terrorists, so the post still isn't going to get written. Unfortunately nothing else is being written in the mean time.

I know at this point you are asking why I don't just write this post since it is obviously something I want to write. Here is the thing; I don't want to write this post. I mean yes, I want to write it, but at the exact same time it is really not something I want to put out there in the universe. The post is probably going to come out far  more negative than I like things and is way more controversial that I am comfortable with here in this blog.

I talked it out with some friends over lunch the other day and they pretty much agreed with me that this post would do nothing but stir a pot that doesn't need stirring. The subject is sensitive and personal, and in the end it is one that would very easily be misconstrued. I would come off looking like a bit of a hater, and that is not the truth at all.

Even after our talk I find that it is still nagging at me. It turns out I am really kind of worked up over this thought. I tried writing the post out just to get it out of my system, but it turned into this sort of jumbled rant. It wasn't even coherent. I came off sounding a bit like a loon and very intolerant. Anyone who knows me can tell you I am incredibly tolerant, though I am a bit of a loon.

I have come to the conclusion that my instinct to not write this post is correct, even if the topic is going to linger and fester in my mind a lot longer. None of you will have to be subject to my rants or rash opinions. You can go on enjoying content as usual here in the land of minions. Of course first I have to rescue my brain from myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment