Do not let fear dictate your conscience. Be a good person. Take action. Choose love and hope. Do not be hateful or afraid. Horrible things are going to happen whether we do the right thing or not, so why be on the wrong side of things. Do not let your humanity be stripped from you over what may lurk in the shadows. Humanity is all we have, it is what unites us all, and it is what we must cling to.
Be brave. Be strong. Don't just speak, act. Fight the fear with hope. Monsters only have as much power as we give them. Hiding under the blankets does not drive them away, but turning on a light will.
Be the light in the dark.
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.
W. Clement Stone
- The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
H. P. Lovecraft
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
- I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
- There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them.