Friday, November 9, 2012

Accentuate the positive

Today is one of those days where I just want to crawl back in bed and call Mulligan. At the same time I am profoundly aware of how good I  have it considering none of the things that are making my day bad are anything really bad in the grand scheme of things.

Today the things I have to complain about are so minor that it almost makes me embarrassed to be upset over them. Facebook is not working for me today and is actually actively annoying the hell out of me. I keep getting nothing but the letter 'I' and 'F' in all of my Words With Friends games. My legs hurt so bad from my workout on Wednesday that I am having trouble going from standing to sitting and vice versa.

There are other things that are annoying me today but they are all equally trivial. I mean talk about first world problems. I have absolutely no room to complain.

So instead I am going to take a moment to focus on the good things of this day.

-It is a pay day today.

-After paying all of my bills due this pay check I had enough money to pay off a good sized debt and still have more than enough money to last me the next two weeks.

-I get to go to faire tonight.

-Minor crisis at work was averted.

-I have super tasty leftovers for lunch because the husbeast was smart enough to pack them up last night instead of leaving them out to spoil as I would have done because I fell asleep before I remembered to do it.

-I woke up to a cat on my chest giving me morning purrs and snuggles.

-I am apparently having a really good hair day despite thinking my curls looked flat.


There now. I feel better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment