Monday, November 5, 2012

The lights are on but nobody is home

Its one of those post faire Mondays where my brain is not really working all that great. I am sitting here in a fog trying not to fall asleep at my desk. Focusing on anything is pretty much right out the window. I have a million things I should be doing but am dutifully ignoring. Honestly right now I am proud that I managed to make a grocery list and take my turn at Words With Friends.

I had something I wanted to blog about today, but the idea is lost somewhere in the ether. I really do need to start jotting these things down. I have a smart phone and at least two notebooks in my purse so I should be able to make notes even when I am out. Somehow though note taking eludes me.

I am certain I will remember at some point and then brilliance will happen in this space, but today is not that day. I will probably sit up in bed one night and shout out the idea as it suddenly slams into me. I did something like that last night as I remembered the name of a guy who used to tend bar at the bar where the husbeast and my best friend worked in college.

He used to sing (badly) Tiny Dancer while he was cleaning up at the end of the night. I always forget his name.  A couple of weeks ago the husbeast and I were talking about that bar, and this guy came up but neither of us could remember his name.

Last night on the drive home Tiny Dancer came on and suddenly his name was there. I shouted out suddenly "Rusty!". The husbeast nodded sagely knowing this was the right name. Everyone else in the sar was just confused by my sudden outburst.

This story had a point, but I have forgotten what it is.

Did I mention I was in a fog?

Anyways, come back tomorrow and I promise there will be something here. I don't promise it will be more coherent or thought provoking or anything really. All I promise is something. It is a mystery. It is exciting. It is a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment