Sunday, November 13, 2011

I need a vacation from my vacation

Every time I take a vacation I think to myself that I really need to take a couple extra days off after the actual vacation, only I never do. Stay with me for a moment while I explain.

You go and you take a vacation. You do whatever it is you go to do, be it fun, be it boring, but it is a thing to do. Vacations are time consuming and if you do it right it is exhausting. I tend to do it right, or even if I do it wrong I do a lot of it. Any way you look at it I end a vacation feeling exhausted.

Too little sleep, strange eating habits, being far more active in a short amount of time than I would be in an entire month, and you end up in not a great place. I like to think of it as a vacation hangover. Only there usually is no vertigo with vacation hangover.

If I was smart I would take a couple of extra days to lay in my house and do nothing. Perhaps some light laundry and housework, but otherwise a simple vegetative state in which to recover from my vacation.

After this recent vacation I am not only tired, but I am ridiculously sore. Walking 300+ blocks in a matter of four days will do that to a person. I am not nearly as young as I used to be. I am also wildly aware of how out of shape I really am. I can really feel the fact that it has been 6 weeks since I was at the gym.

I had one day off between the vacation and faire, only really it didn't count. I still got up relatively early, and then I spent most of my day doing faire prep. I then got into a car for 4 hours in order to work all weekend. On my feet.

Yea I am not the brightest crayon in the box.

So come Monday I will go back to work and be exhausted and incredibly sore. When you add this into the fact that I am probably going into the office to discover a ridiculous amount of work, Monday should be a pretty nice nightmare.

I think I will just try and enjoy, and survive, faire this weekend. I am pretty sure my vacation hangover will be the least of my problems come Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment