Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thoughts on style

I really hope everyone enjoyed reading my true ghost stories as much as I enjoyed writing them. It was nice to stretch my story telling muscles, and I always enjoy writing something I am fairly certain will be entertaining. Over the course of the last week of posts I have stopped to think about the style of my blog.

When I started this blog I didn't really have any set goals as to what I was going to write. I read a lot of blogs that have a specific style; an accounting of day to day activities, strictly political/religious/topic oriented, funny, narrative, and how to among the long list of things you can write about.

I would like to say I have some sort of consistency to the content or style to which my posts are written, but that would be a damn lie. At first I thought that I was bothered by this lack of definition to my writing. I sat there telling myself that I needed to have some set form to what I do.

Then I asked myself, Why? Why do I need a set form? Why do I need to pigeonhole myself into one style? I am not in anyway a set style sort of person. I am random and eclectic. Hell turn on my iPod to shuffle and you will quickly learn that I fit into no mold musically, why should my writing be any different?

So I am going to continue on the way I have. I will post things as I see fit and as the muse dictates. Some of it may be funny, some may be poignant and thought provoking, some may make no sense at all, but it will all be purely me. I do hope you, my small but loyal group of readers, enjoy what I am writing. My ramblings aren't just for me anymore, they are for you as well.

1 comment:

  1. I think that makes the best sort of blog: when someone writes according to what they're in the mood to write (and how they're in the mood to write it). It makes for an interesting and entertaining mix, and means that if someone doesn't find one post to their tastes, all they have to do is wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete