Saturday, November 26, 2011

Some of my least favorite things

There are some things in life that is not pleasant but you can live with. We live with unpleasant things every single day and while we might complain about it, it is not that bad. There are some unpleasant things that are not able to live with.

For example, wet socks.
Today at faire it was both cold and rainy. I had to leave the safety of my nice dry booth and trek to the far side of faire. In my trek I managed to get water in my boots and get my socks soaked. Now normally I would just come back to the shop and change my socks. The problem is that once I am in my bodice I can not take my boots off. So pretty much I would have had to strip to my underwear to just change my socks.

Needless to say I went the rest of the day with wet socks. That is about 9 hours for those of you who are unfamiliar with the faire schedule. 9 whole hours with wet socks. Wet socks as the cold set in. It was miserable to say the least.

At the end of a faire day the best thing is normally taking off the bodice. Bodice-gasms are the greatest thing in the world followed closely by removal of boots at the end of a faire day. Today the best thing was taking off the cold wet socks and letting my feet thaw out.

I think next time I will take the time to strip and change my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment