Friday, November 15, 2013

Like a busted can of biscuits

This morning when I woke up I felt, as my friend Niki would say, like a can of busted biscuits. After a week of being sick I felt like I looked the way I have felt all week long. I didn't feel like I fit in my own skin. Waking up feeling all fat and frumpy is not the way to start ones day, especially not a Friday.

With this less than favorable mindset already in place I did what any reasonable girl would do; I got all dolled up. I know you were probably thinking I called in sick to work and curled up on my couch to watch old movies and eat ice cream from the carton. While that was an appealing option it really wasn't a productive one.

Any time I just don't feel pretty I dress up to try and fool myself. I typically don't look in mirrors on days like today because it always ruins the illusion I am building in my head. I am a firm believer that what we think is often times much more important than reality. Reality is so overrated.

So here I sit with my textured tights and knee high boots, my short flowy black skirt and my cowl neck purple sweater, my hair with product perfect curls, and just a little eyeliner and lip gloss to give me some facial definition. I sit here knowing that I look fantastic today. I know that I am totally hot right now. I know that this is true.

I may still feel like a busted can of biscuits, but I know I look good anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment