Saturday, November 30, 2013

Observations from a Ren Faire

Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo and I have pretty much nothing to say. After 30 days of writing a post every day I really have nothing more to say. Being in the middle of a three day faire weekend is really not helping me much either.

So we will have one final set of highlights from faire.

- We didn't turn the fountain on since it is cold outside. Without the water running the milky colored water is very still and looks like glass. All weekend we have been watching people cautiously touching the surface of the water to see if it is a solid or liquid. Most everyone was quietly surprised that it was water with one exception.

About mid afternoon today a little girl of about 4 walked up to the fountain and after all of a second plunged both hands into the water. The reaction to her hands going into the water was priceless. She was obviously not expecting it to actually be water because she shrieked in shock and horror before jumping about three feet backwards. I am sure the ice cold water helped with that.

She then stared at the fountain like it was made of pure evil and had somehow betrayed her. Her parents, and the rest of us, were too busy laughing to really soothe her.


- We sell a large dragon skull that is about 3 feet long and weighs probably 15 pounds. It is pretty cool looking. We have had people buy it as decorations for their kids rooms, trophies in their man caves, and accents for nooks in their homes.

Today a woman came in and looked at the skull three times before she started asking us about the price and logistics of getting it home. She finally looked at me and asked me if it would do well in a garden. I told her I thought so especially if she put it so it was in some bushes. She responded by saying: "Yea I am going to nestle it in the bushes so it is a little hard to see and scare the crap out of the president of my HOA."

Best reason for buying a giant dragon skull ever. Sort of makes me want to have a house with an HOA.

No comments:

Post a Comment